In today’s digital age, Aadhaar cards are frequently used for verification in various services, including obtaining Wi-Fi connections. However, this convenience can sometimes pose risks to your identity. This is where the TAFCOP dgtelecom, short for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAF-COP) Portal, plays a crucial role.
What Is the Purpose of the TAF-COP Portal?
To provide you with a clearer understanding, here are the objectives of this portal that are essential to know:
- The primary objective is to minimize the presence of counterfeit or unauthorized mobile connections in India, thereby mitigating the potential for criminal activities.
- To aid subscribers and customers, the website offers a means to track the number of active mobile connections registered under an individual’s name, enabling them to take necessary actions to regularize any excess connections.
- Users can conveniently monitor their SIM cards through this legitimate platform, checking mobile connections from the comfort of their homes.
- The portal places significant emphasis on reducing instances of fraud. To this end, it sends notifications when there are nine or more SIM cards connected to the same ID card.
- Its overarching aim is to combat fake or unauthorized mobile connections in India, ultimately contributing to the prevention of criminal activities.
How to Verify the Number of Mobile Connections Registered with Your Aadhaar on the Portal in 2023?
Are you concerned that someone might have registered mobile SIMs using your Aadhaar number? The Government of India, in collaboration with the Department of Telecommunication, has introduced a simple way for you to check how many mobile SIMs are linked to your Aadhaar card. Just follow these steps:
- Visit the official website to get started.
- To examine the number of connections associated with your name, choose “Know your connections”.
- After entering the captcha code and your cellphone number in the appropriate fields, click “Validate Captcha.”
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Ensure that you provide a valid mobile number, as you will receive the OTP immediately.
- After confirming the OTP, click on “Login.”
- Your screen will display the list of registered mobile numbers connected to your Aadhaar card.
- You can now select the unnecessary numbers and submit reports instantly.